School Psychologist as Counselor (Sale)
School Psychologist as Counselor is the first book to address how counseling can be integrated with academic and behavioral interventions. This book contains 12 chapters that overview different counseling approaches, provide example situations for their use, and demonstrate why these techniques are valuable skills for any school mental health professional to develop.
Additionally, the book provides specific instruction on how you can integrate counseling and the IEP process by helping you develop specific objectives, outline treatment strategies, and evaluate progress toward the counseling goals.
This book will help you to:
- Effectively incorporate counseling into the IEP process.
- Create a counseling strategy that has evidence-based effficacy.
- Boost your counseling skills to improve outcomes.
- Apply counseling techniques to individual and group settings.
- Place counseling in the context of RTI.
- Understand the unique benefits of counseling services.
“I found instant application for this book because they were tied to the IEP and the development of goals and objectives. This book is a very practical resource which I am sure I will return to.”
William F. Young, PhD, NCSP, School Psychologist, Prince George's County Public Schools
You can review the table of contents and the first chapter of the book prior to your purchase. Add this practical resource to your bookshelf today!
View the abstract and Table of Contents.