School Psychologist as Counselor
Most school psychologists agree that counseling teachers, administrators, and students is an important part of their job.
It often happens subtly. As part of an Individual Educational Program (IEP). Through group and individual therapy. In social skills training.
School Psychologist as Counselor guides you through your journey. Inside, discover actionable approaches to strengthen the way you serve students every day.
Take your role to the next level by learning about:
- Behavioral and cognitive-behavioral approaches to counseling
- Play-based and sandtray approaches to counseling
- Choice theory and reality theory
- Crisis intervention, grief, and loss
- Family system issues
- Substance abuse, delinquency, and incarcerated youth
You have the chance to impact students holistically, no matter what your role. Let this book help you upgrade your toolkit.
View the abstract and Table of Contents.