Depression in Children and Adolescents
Depression in Children and Adolescents provides practical guidance and resources for school mental health professionals who work on the frontlines every day to support children and adolescents experiencing depression or depressive symptoms. This comprehensive resource covers individual, group and school-level interventions, giving direct guidance as well as resources for more information.
Closely aligned with a multi-tiered problem-solving model, chapters include:
- Brief easy to read theory and research.
- How-to guidance that links prevention and intervention efforts.
- Action steps tailored to the school environment.
- Direction on incorporating mental services into a Response to Intervention framework.
- Concrete descriptions of specific assessment tools and interventions.
- Tips for improving school team and school-community collaboration.
- Extensive recommended resources.
You can review the first chapter of the book and download accompanying handouts prior to your purchase. Add this resource to your toolkit today!
View the abstract and Table of Contents.