Understanding, Assessing, and Intervening on Reading, 2nd Ed
For students, reading is imperative to academic growth. Unfortunately, it's one of the most frequent reasons for referral to a school psychologist.
With Understanding, Assessing, and Intervening on Reading Problems, you can change that. Now in its second edition, this book makes it easy for you. Focus on actionable interventions and work one-on-one with struggling students. Help them love literature.
After reading, feel much more prepared to:
- Address the new common core literacy standards
- Understand the process of becoming a reader, from language development to reading proficiency
- Use intervention strategies for vocabulary and reading comprehension
- Dynamically assess current reading levels and track progress
- Learn general instruction and specific techniques for developing critical reading skills
- Understand the unique challenges of English language learners
On Demand Session
Watch two on demand sessions about basic reading problems and reading comprehension and vocabulary problems with author Laurice Joseph.
View the abstract and Table of Contents.